Let me introduce my self in Nihongo.
That’s it, I think enough for the introduction of me. First of all, I would like to say thank you for this special opportunity. I am very glad to join this Exchange Activity with Nanao High School students. Sorry to say that we could not meet directly, due to this difficult situation of the COVID-19 pandemic. In this session, I want to give a presentation about my home country, Indonesia.
Wonderful Indonesia. Indonesia is a beautiful country. As the biggest country in South East Asia, it has 17.491 islands as the largest island country in the world. Indonesia is the most populous country number #4 in the world, after China, India, and the United States. There are more than 250 million people in the population. The special characteristics of Indonesia people are they have categorized over 300 ethnic groups and over 700 regional languages.
Explaining my country need so many minutes or maybe hours. I will also need many words to describe Indonesia. Because of the limited time, at this time I will focus on Indonesia’s Extreme Tourism.
- Snorkeling in BUNAKEN
- Bunaken Island National Marine Park includes 5 small islands located in the north of Sulawesi Island. Bunaken Island itself is the most accessible and the most visited place. Actually, it is the most famous diving and snorkeling destination in Indonesia. The exploration snorkeling area covers 2 kilometers in length shore. Corals are very qualitative over the whole area. The most colorful and majestic of all is the angelfish. Queen angelfish are most often seen around the reef flat, which is very photogenic.
- picture source: https://murexdive.com/8-tips-snorkeling-bunaken/
- TRUNYAN Cemetery
- Trunyan Village is located on Bali Island, the most famous island in Indonesia. Besides its beautiful sceneries, Bali also has extreme tourism, that is Mysterious Cemetery in Trunyan, around 80 km far away from Ngurah Rai International Airport, Denpasar. Trunyan is notable for its peculiar treatment of dead bodies, in which they are placed on openly on the ground, simply covered with cloth and bamboo canopies, and left to decompose.
- picture source: https://www.baliedutours.com/trunyan-special-interest/
- Japanese Heritage Cave in BANDUNG
- This Japanese Cave is a man-made cave built-in 1942. The cave is located around 600 meters from the Juanda Forest Park, Bandung. There are four connected doors in this cave that are connected one to another, except for the second door. This 70 meters in length cave contains 4 rooms.
- picture source: https://allindonesiatourism.com/attraction/west-java/things-to-do-in-dago-bandung
- KOMODO National Park
- Komodo Dragon is the world’s largest lizard and reptile. Their weight is more than 150 kg, but they can run and swim up to 20 kph and have good vision up to 300 meters away. Komodos are only found in the world within the Komodo National Park, Indonesia. This animal is listed as both endangered and protected. It is estimated there are only about 6,000 Komodo dragons in the wild. At Komodo National Park, you can join the Komodo Trekking Tour, which is spending 4 days and 3 nights including trekking, snorkeling, and enjoying the natural view.
- picture source: https://wickeddiving.com/wd-day-trips/komodo-daytrips-diving/
- Paragliding in PUNCAK LAWANG
- Puncak Lawang is the best Paragliding spot in South East Asia. It is located in West Sumatra Province, around 3 hours drive from Padang Minangkabau Airport. The land is about 1200 meters absl (above sea level).
- picture source: https://travelingseru.com/paralayang-puncak-lawang/
- SEMERU Mt. Volcano Hiking
- Semeru Mountain is the highest mountain in Java Island and the most active volcanoes in Indonesia. Semeru is a must for all mountaineers, hikers, and nature lovers in Indonesia. April to November is the best time for climbing, but people also climb it in December. There are four camping areas. One of them is located at Ranukumbolo, a beautiful lake, where you can find the last water resources on the route.
- picture source: http://bromosolution.com/mt-semeru-trekking-tour-packages/
- “Carstensz Pyramid” PUNCAK JAYA
- Carstensz Pyramid, 4884 meters in height, is a part of Seven Summits in the World. It is located in West Papua Province, Indonesia. Puncak Jaya is a special spot. There are glaciers and snow on its slopes, even though it is located in the equator area. April to November is the best time for climbing. It takes 12 to 15 hours to reach the peak.
- picture source: https://sgtrek.com/event/sgtrek-carstensz-pyramid-expedition-helicopter-in-out/